Home

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Groovy

Groovy
I have had this postcard lying around for quite some time.  I love the photograph of this aging VW camper.  Many years ago I thought I wanted one of these bugs.  Camping was my thing for a long time. I guess I fancied myself as a vagabond surfer type wishing to go from beach to beach to take in the views and listen to the surf, certainly not actually getting in the water that was way too cold. Buying a VW never happened but the dreams were fun even though they did not come to fruition.   My dream now is a VW convertible.  That probably won't happen either, but the dream is still fun.

4 comments:

jacki long said...

Love everything about this! The colors and texture are masterful, and when enlarging I fell I love with the window reflection. I hope you know how much I look forward to each post John?

anonymous said...

Yes - a nice one. I like the word def. which combines both dated and fashionable! You should go for the convertible - why not?

Brian Kasstle said...

Dude! We saw one of these vans in Maui last time we were there. There was this definite smell of weed coming from it. Duuuuddddeeeee.....

Seth said...

Great image of that camper and the perfect match for the background.