Home

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Chapeau Ladies Series - Nos. 1, 2, and 3

Chapeau Ladies No. 1

Chapeau Ladies No. 2

Chapeau Ladies No. 3
When using vintage images that I find and print from the internet I find that a dark image sometimes shows through when one overlaps.  I never know until I adhere the images with matte medium.  I should know I guess but it just never comes to mind.  Today with Chapeau Ladies No. 2 the bovine gives the chapeau lady a beard.  Perhaps that is alright because there are a variety of ladies in the world.  Maybe this one is a drag queen.  Who knows?  However, I did think of a way to solve the problem next time.  Paint the back of the image with white paint.  Voila, no afternoon shadow!

1 comment:

jacki long said...

So cool, John! Consistently terrific! ♥