Home

Monday, March 10, 2014

Everybody Loves a Parade

Everybody Loves a Parade
As a  child we use to go to the Seafair parades in Seattle each year.  There was something about the atmosphere that really appealed to me.  When I was much younger but already an adult I helped decorate floats for the Torchlight Parade.  I even got to drive a few floats in the parade for awhile.  My float career ended when I graduated to being a blackjack gambler representing Harrah's Reno.

When I saw these boys dressed for a Fourth of July parade all these memories came flooding back.  Now that I am older I really do not like crowds so I avoid attending parades, but I still watch the Tournament of Roses on New Year's Day.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Another beauty! I am so in awe of your ability to combine black and white photos into vibrant colored backgrounds and yet have it all blend so perfectly! This is not an easy task, yet you not only do it, you have mastered it! Bravo. And yes, there is probably a scholarly study somewhere that shows age as a determiner for seeking crowds?

Cate Rose said...

Each of these you do I like more than the last. This one's the best!! Love those old photos.

tgarrett said...

And what a wonderful parade it is!!!!!