Home

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Empty Book with Japanese Stab Binding

Japanese Stab Binding

80 books to go toward my goal of 365 in as many days.  When I started 80 seemed like a lot of books and it is.  Now that I am heading toward the end of this pursuit it still seems like many but not as many as 365 was when I began.

As I plan for Newport and the workshop on how to make Japanese stab bound books I had only planned on creating soft covers in the workshop.  Then I though OK why not do a hard cover one.  So now I am thinking that is the route to go.  I had made hardcover books in this style before but it has been awhile.  The hard part of making the hard cover is punching the holes for sewing.  So I might simplify the binding and the size of what we do in Newport.  This one sure was fun to make.


2 comments:

jacki long said...

It is so beautiful and elegant, John.

julia said...

And would this be more of your mother’s fabric stash? Very nice!