Home

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Boom

Boom

This piece was finished right around the 4th of July.  There was quite a bit of fireworks going on in my neighborhood even though it is illegal.  The poor pets in many households were scared and nervous.  I kind of get nervous, too, because so many people are careless.  The vegetation is dry and I worry about fire.  I have quite a collection of images from fireworks packages.  The Chinese woman is from one of those.

------------------------------------------

Why Murals? | The Art Assignment | PBS Digital Studios






2 comments:

jacki long said...

I like Boom a lot. The contrasts.
Isn't it funny that the serene lady is the model for fireworks?
Nothing phases her, even the oncoming bird.

anonymous said...

I was going to say the same, Jacki! Such a calm face for fireworks. Weird. Do you ever feel you want to reach into a picture and effect a change? I know it's a found image but I heard myself saying John should just turn her head a bit to see the bird!!! Yes, I'm a bit mad I think.