Home

Friday, May 8, 2015

Mah Jongg Queen

Mah Jongg Queen
I don't know if I have mentioned on this blog that I play Mah Jongg every Wednesday afternoon.  I love playing this game and it is a highlight of each week.  I have met a super group of people who I play with.  There are seven of us when we are all there.  It took some time to become proficient in the game.  I read two strategy books and playing has given me valuable practice.  In this piece, The Mah Jongg Queen, I have established a story line of a woman who plays each week to escape the mundane chores of life.  This piece was just juried into the NW Collage Society Art Show beginning in July in Mukilteo, WA.

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Do you, now?! My mom played, as many women did back in the 50s. I've always been intrigued with it, but never learned to play. I love those tiles, and I love your collage! Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

I love this piece John! Wow!
Doesn't the Queen have the perfect face and demeanor for your story!
Nice to know another little tidbit about you! ;o)