Home

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Entomophobic

Entomophobic
Entomophobic (I learned a new word), the phobia of insects was a postcard collaboration.  Cathy Casteel and Gina May created the background and middle ground and I completed the foreground. The background was a layer of paint and then stenciling.  Words were added to the middle ground and several layers were added to the foreground.  The surprised man is actually standing away from the postcard a bit.  I used foam squares to give it a three-D appearance.

2 comments:

anonymous said...

I'd be a bit put out if I met a beetle half my height too! In the garden, black beetles are the good guys but I would definitely reconsider. This has worked out really well and I'm sure the 3D effect adds to it.

Brian Kasstle said...

This is really fantastic! So fun.