I had many scraps of Mulberry paper left over after trimming off the printed designs. Those did not go to waste as I have collaged them using matte medium over freezer paper. When dry I pull off the adhered papers and I have a new sheet to work with. There is no waste. That is good since the paper cost me a bundle.
Balance was a bunch of experiments. I used Japanese ledger paper that I got on Etsy. Love the effect of the calligraphy coming through. I used tea bag paper and left over designer masking tape paper that I created. Balance is in a round robin journal that will end up in Southern California in July.