Home

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Yet Another Mini - spread 06

 






I took an old Chinese umbrella apart.  I have been using the paper from it for quite some time but now I thought I should try and think of a use for the bamboo pieces.  There are tiny holes in the “sticks” and I decided to wrap the stick in embroidery floss and created a piece to add to the spread that mirrored the design on the tannish paper.  I also made what I call map lace.  I recently ran across the “lace” that I made on a trip to London.  It takes awhile to make as one has to cut out the map leaving only the streets.









2 comments:

jacki long said...

you are always amazing, John. creative pLUS

anonymous said...

Great minds! I clicked here to comment on your boundless inventiveness - love the struts with wrapping. xcr