Home

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Worried Mexican Woman

Worried Mexican Woman

 I began this piece years ago when I was in Mexico.  While cleaning through papers and boxes of ephemera I found it again.  All it needed was the right ephemeral focal point.  I titled it thinking about two things, the immigrant issue on the US/Mexico border,  the plight of families dislocated from each other because of the previous administration’s lack of sympathy for the immigrant issue and the problems in Central America that cause the immigration issue in the first place.  People migrate because they have no other choice.  Survival dictates the move.  The United States has been built on immigration.  I hope that positive solutions can be found under the Biden Administration.  

1 comment:

jacki long said...

I agree. Her worried face speaks volumes.