Home

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Contemplation

Contemplation

 I have only been in a tuxedo a few times in my life.  I don’t think I even have photos of those times anywhere.  Black or white tie looks so nice but one has to have the occasion to wear such clothing.  It seems like we as a society have gotten very causal.  I do like to watch period pieces where the characters move in circles where dressing like this man occurs frequently.  Can you imagine dressing for dinner or the opera is common place?  Give me blue jeans any day.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

This is charming, and isn't he special? Yes, I vote for jeans any day.
When I was in boarding school age 8 - 11, we had to dress for dinner.

Robert said...

The complexity and chaos of the background is a wonderful counterpoint to the air of detachment and sophistication of the gentleman in formal wear in this piece. Love all the shades of blue!