Home

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Japanese Stab Binding - Star

Japanese Stab Binding - Star



In my Pinterest searches I found the star Japanese stab binding and decided I had to figure it out.  It took a bit of effort.  First I had to use a piece of graph paper to help figure out measurements.  Then I had to figure out the actual routine of sewing so that I would end up with the star.  I decided not to fill the second line where you see the breaks for interest.  I may do another one and see what filling in the breaks looks like.  Why not!?





2 comments:

jacki long said...

All of that just amazes me. I am a 3 hole person. ;op

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...


Wow...I love this spectacular star stitch....I especially love it in the second view. Across the top of a tablet. I like it with the breaks.
This would be great as an embroidery stitch smaller...Japanese Boro style, as an edging. Bring it...need to see.
Thanks
E