Home

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Fading Rose


Fading Rose
Last week I drove an hour south of my home to spend time with an artist who I did not know well.  We are both members of the NW Collage Society and she invited me to come “play” for a few hours.  Arlene has an an amazing space to create art.  She has turned her living room into her studio which has a great view of pastures and barns.

Arlene had a list of prompts set up and she opened her whole studio to my use.  During this experience I created the backgrounds for five pieces of mail art.  Since I only had two hours I had to complete the works several days later.  Fading Rose is the first of the five.  Thanks for an great few hours, Arlene.

----------------------------------------------------

Margaret Kilgallen




2 comments:

jacki long said...

This is great, and of course I love the oranges!
Wish we were a two hour drive apart! ;o)

anonymous said...

Very interesting composition - that weird diagonal arm echoed by a bird leg. This time the bird jumped out but I had to 'find' the girl's head! Seeing is so strange.