Home

Monday, February 5, 2018

Mellow Yellow 11 - Quite Rightly

I am in Southern California for a week visiting friends and putting on a mixed media workshop.  Yesterday, I spent the day running around Orange County shopping for art supplies.  I also found time to go into Los Angeles to The Broad Art Museum which turned out the be a highlight of my day.  What an amazing experience!  Many of the artists featured on this blog were exhibited.  Remember the silhouette images by Kara Walker....they were there.  Roy Lichtenstein and Keith Haring were prominent.  If you are in LA The Broad is a must!

 I also met Jacki Long for dinner.  What a treat that was as well.  This is a long way to say, guess who forgot to upload to my blog.....yours truly.  So today is a two-for.

Mellow Yellow 11 - Quite Rightly
One of my favorites of the playing cards that I found is the Ace of Hearts.  The touch of red draws my eye to the crane.

----------------------------

Mary Mattingly Owns Up | "New York Close Up" | Art21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gujH5oYmHcY

1 comment:

jacki long said...

What a treat to have you here! ;o)