Home

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Gentlemen Prefer Red Series #1

Gentlemen Prefer Red Series #1
This past weekend my friend Hillary came over to do art with me.  We worked on creating postcard mail art.  Hillary had never done this before and we had a blast working together.  I have been trying out a new technique using my gelli plate and packing tape where I make large "washi tape" type strips.  Once I have added a Pearl powder I adhere the strips with matte medium.  It takes many hours for the matte medium under the strips to dry.  However, once it is, I peel off the tape and a transfer of the design remains.  Too cool actually!

3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I'll say! This is way cool!

Claudia MB said...

He looks a little dangerous. Or maybe it's just the red.

anonymous said...

Title is all too true. It's both funny and a bit sad that the way to get noticed is to wear red... The tape idea sounds tricky!