Home

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Winter 2024 ATCs - International Group

 


The theme for the international ATC group this winter was to use junk mail to create the 2.5 x 3.5 art.  I used advertisement cards that come in bulk most months.  I painted the junk mail with orange and turquoise transparent paint.  I then used a credit card to dab black paint randomly.  Once all the paint dried I punched circles out of the painted ad cards.  I then cut orange circles or turquoise circles in half and joined them together so that I would have both colors on a circle.  I used a bookbinding awl to punch a whole in the center of each circle and glued the twelve circles to the ATC sized watercolor paper that had been covered with some old book pages.  I weighted each card so that they were relatively flat.  Then I pierced the circles again through the ATC background.  This was necessary so that I could stitch embroidery thread through each hole.  By today’s date the ATCs should have arrived at their destinations around the world.  Members of this group live in Germany, the UK, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand and two in the USA.





1 comment:

jacki long said...

Realkly clever and appealing! Lucky members, John.