Home

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Portraits for a Round Robin Journal - 01

Portraits for a Round Robin Journal -  01

 I was asked to participate in a three person round robin.  The host of the round robin, Elsa Bouman, created journals for us using vintage book covers that are 4 x 5 inches approximately.  The task I decided on was to use the idea of reflection somehow.  Since I have been working on portraits I decided that my interpretation of photo portraits using mixed media would be my contribution.  There are ten pages in each section of the journal.  So I had 20 portraits to make.  These are six of the 20 that I completed.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

I really enjoy your faces, they each have their own personality. I hope you enjoyed making them as much as we enjoy viewing them?

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...


Oh, john!
If the “eyes are the windows of the soul” then these are a view into the pathos of the human experience.
I am thrilled.
E