Home

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter postcard

 This is another postcard that I sent out at the end of October for my Bookies exchange.  I tell you this all the time but this is a good example of how I work.  I did not know where I was going with this postcard.  I only knew that the person wanted aqua.  Do you know that there are hundreds of shades of aqua?  I started with the base color and added about three or four layers on top of the color.  Then I found the flowers as I was culling magazines.  We get several magazines each month and they multiply like rabbits.  I had to get rid of about 100 of them.  First I looked for ephemera, hence the flowers.  What would be my focal point? I recently discovered some African barber or hairdressing signs from Benin in Africa.  I love them.  So the ladies became my focal point.  I love their hairstyles.  I did not know I would be doing a Black Lives Matters card when I started but here you are.


I hope you have voted or plan to vote.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Isn't that the beauty of art when it surprises the creator?
Love this one, so very successful.

Robert said...

I love working intuitively as well. It is simply MAGIC when the right piece of ephemera presents itself at just the right moment! Hopefully, soon, we will find out that we will not be saddled with a malignant narcissist for four more years. If so, my fervent wish is for a peaceful transfer of power.

Sound is All said...

Lovelyy post