Home

Monday, February 17, 2020

Japanese Stab Bound Book with Embroidery and Embellishment

Japanese Stab Bound Book with Embroidery and Embellishment

My luck continues with yet a third embroidered piece.  This time it is from artist and friend, Elsa.  I met Elsa through the Facebook APC group.  Since she lives just a few minutes away from my house we agreed to meet and have been friends ever since.  Elsa created a piece for me using cyanotype on a dark piece of fabric.  She then did French knots in each of the “flowers”.  You can see the white stitching down the right side of the piece.  I added an embellishment that I found at a garage sale some time ago.  I have since altered the binding.  I added another linen thread to the middle of the binding so that instead of two horizontal lines there are three.  It makes the binding look more complete.  I photographed this book on my dining table hence the tablecloth shows a bit.  Thanks Elsa for the wonderful piece of embroidery.

1 comment:

jacki long said...

Wow! what a treasure! I so enjoy your and your friend's talents daily.