Home

Monday, August 14, 2017

Postcard 05080817


Postcard 05080817
Nothing in this one was planned.  Since I work in series frequently I might do twenty backgrounds.  Then I go onto the middle ground and finally the foreground.  I never know where I am going and am frequently quite surprised with the results.  For instance, in this piece there are lots of stripes.  That was not planned but is a happy accident.  I love when that happens.  The stripes of the tiger; the stripes of the swim suits; and the stripes in the upper left of the background are a total accident or is it?  Is it intuitive?  Is my mind totally unconscious of the decisions I make and do not notice until I step back and look at the finished piece?  In case you did not guess it, I really like how this one turned out.

===========================

Do What You Like, Like What You Do: Bert Jacobs at TEDxBeaconStreet




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZB2vVHmiug

2 comments:

jacki long said...

Me too, me too! I love the stripes,
and the subtle color palette too!♥
Wonderful, John!

Irene Rafael said...

I love it as well! Your inner genius is showing! xoxo