Home

Monday, June 26, 2017

Trader Joe's Journal



Trader Joe's (Cover)
Trader Joe's (Back Cover)


My friend Jacki Long shared a Trader Joe's journal with me last October.  I just happen to collect Trader Joe bags from around the country and I loved seeing her journal.  Since I frequently need storage for art mail that I receive, I decided it would work to make a journal for that purpose out of the bags.  If you have not experienced Trader Joe's they sell shopping bags for 99 cents and they change designs in regional areas frequently.  Each region has its own bag.

I just cut up the bag and sewed "papers" back to back leaving the top open.  I then assembled them together and sewed down the middle and voila, a easy journal was made.

Here are the insides of the journal.....




PS  If you send me a bag I will send you one from the Seattle area or a postcard.  We all love to get mail art. :-)
---------------------------------------------------------


Andrew Bird: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert















3 comments:

jacki long said...

These are dynamite, I love them all.
I too love TJ bags, but didn't realize they were regional?
So will work on that!
Happy Birthday tomorrow, John!
I'll be thinking of you.♥

Cate Rose said...

I'd just be happy if we had a TJs in my area!! The journals are fab. Hugs

anonymous said...

Love the bright and bold colours and designs. What a nifty idea.
Jacki has given away that it's your birthday w/e - hope it goes with a bang! xx