Home

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Graffiti Series #8

Graffiti Series # 8

Postage stamps are a simple but an effective addition to a collage.  In this case, I like how the rectangles at the top go with the stamp as do the circles at the bottom, shape and color help solidify the composition. Usually I work with odd numbers as in this piece #8, two vintage photos and the stamp.  A triangle is formed between the three allowing the eye easy move around the composition.

Although I have 24 compositions in this series, they are back-to-back on the substrate.  I have many of them framed.  When I tire of one side I just flip the framed piece and I have another work to look at for awhile.


2 comments:

jacki long said...

Love the series& isn't she lovely? ;o)

Brian Kasstle said...

What a great series! I am wondering what this frame looks like could you take a picture?