I did not know where I was going when I put orange paint down as my first layer. I did not know where I was going when I added gelli papers over parts of the orange or when I used the petroleum jelly technique. The stenciling came next and an idea started sprouting. The background looked like what it must look like in the midst of these horrible fires. When the horse was added I needed something but I was not sure what. WORDS! Yes, words were needed.
This spread is a diptych and is in a round robin journal that is just starting (I have two beginning September 1). You can see a bit of the cover showing through the middle of the spread. The faint white line is the next spread behind this introductory one.