Home

Monday, July 8, 2013

Connected Collage

While I was in Minnesota at my friend Terry Garrett's ( http://whisperwoodartworks.blogspot.com/ )   house last month we were deciding on what our project of the day would be.  I noticed a piece of art on one of his inspiration boards.  It was from an art friend of his, Shirley End-Saxe.  I loved her piece and loved the way she had connected the separate pieces to create the whole of the piece.  Terry and I decided to create our own works in the style presented by Shirley.  Terry got out a wealth of ephemera and we began having a grand old time.  You can see Terry's product on his blog.

4 comments:

tgarrett said...

I love this collage John. It's even more special as it holds the memory of your visit.

Michele R. Unger said...

Love what you did! Want to know something funny? I have met and chatted several times with Shirley in the past at ArtFest. She is one of those amazing, endlessly creative people. (And she has some wonderful sweaters she knitted and felted!) Looking forward to our meet on Thursday.

Hugs.

Brian Kasstle said...

What a wonderful collage. Made all the more wonderful from creating it with Terry! I can't wait until we are all together.

irene said...

This piece is inspirational! I can see so many details and pieces that seem to have a personal message. Wish I were a fly on the wall at Terry's when you created it.