Home

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Mixed-Media Artist

Last August I was asked by artist/author Seth Apter to submit a piece of my mixed-media art for a book that he was writing.  I had to mostly keep this under wraps, however, now there is a publication date and as you can see a cover for the book.  I had to sign an agreement not to publish my piece prior to book publication. The cover for Seth's book is just amazing.  The book will be published in October, 2013, not so very far off.

Then last month Seth wrote to the 40 artists included in the book asking us to submit tips and additional art to accompany the tips.  I submitted three tips and two more art pieces.  The editor of the book will make final decisions on which additional pieces will be included in the book.

All said, the book is available for preorder on Amazon.  To say the least, I am pretty excited!  The full title of the book is The Mixed-Media Artist: Art Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Dreams from Over 40 Amazing Artists.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

tgarrett said...

How exciting John! I will be ordering this for sure!

Seth said...

I am so happy you are a part of this book John. Thanks for spreading the word!

irene said...

How exciting for you, John. You deserve the recognition and accolades. I am going to order it as soon as a press publish. xo

ingridp said...

Wow John! Must must have!
I am so proud to have a friend published!!!! And I know you deserve it. One day you will publish your own.

anonymous said...

It is SO encouraging to see the success of friends! Well done.