Home

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Treasure Hunt - Seth's Search for the Gold

Seth Apter, one of the mixed-media world's best art promoters and artist extraordinaire, is holding a treasure hunt once again for mixed-media artists.  Visit his site for the regulations on finding the buried treasure  http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/ .

While visiting Seth's blog world, please take note of his recent book and two DVDs.  I recently ordered the DVDs and was not disappointed.  Seth's calm easy to watch mixed media instruction will provide you with a process to create your own mixed-media works.  To preview his two DVDs you can link to his blog or http://www.createmixedmedia.com/uncategorized/video-tutorial-previews-easy-mixed-media-with-seth-apter .




Seth's book, The Pulse of Mixed Media, will take you on a journey into the mixed-media art world of 100 artists.  Seth interviewed many of the artists about their passion for art.  Through his questioning, you will get an incite into the unique perspectives that these artists have toward their work and art in general.


Artjuvenation is still an infant in the blog world, but I wanted to participate in Seth's treasure hunt. My entry into Buried Treasure is not so deep. Yesterday's blog entry, Rosita Tells All! represents the essence of my present work, the Donnie Series and thus my entry. The evolving Donnie Series, a historical fiction and fantasy account into the life of a wild west outlaw has just begun. It is taking on a life of its own, one in which this blogger is truly enjoying.

2 comments:

ingridp said...

Hi John
Thanks for sharing info on Seth Apter, I have just found Out that I love his way of talking and teaching. Thanks! I will follow his blogg....
Regards from Ingrid ( from Janes class of text and image)

john said...

Seth is someone to watch. I met him in May when he was on his book tour. I was lucky enough to spend about four hours with him and about eight other artists. I was in seventh heaven talking art!